Achievement Testing is completed using a standardized educational evaluation tool, that comprehensively assesses the core Academic Areas of Reading and Math. If your child is struggling in his educational program or is home schooled and you have concerns, this provides the justification of the strengths and weaknesses, in order to determine where to begin their educational tutoring program. Our office does not have a Psychologist, however a Speech Language Pathologist is Certified to give this evaluation tool. We do not complete Intellectual Assessments (those that determine IQ), although you may bring a recent Intellectual Assessment, if your child's school or private psychologist has completed one. It is often recommended to our clients to take part in a free screening session, before participating in the evaluation process. We welcome parents to bring school work samples as well. Referrals to outside Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Vision or Hearing specialists may be recommended by the Speech Language Pathologist.
- Achievement Testing is completed by the Speech Language Pathologist
- Math, Reading, Oral and Written Language ability is assessed with Standardized, Nationally Recognized, Assessment Tools.
- Achievement testing is not necessary to receive educational tutoring, but highly recommended to identify areas of strength and weakness. We can provide a benchmark assessment in an area of concern as an alternative.
- Achievement testing is recommended when identifying if your child has a Learning Delay/Disability compared to same aged peers.
- Achievement Testing can be given to your child's school, after the evaluation, to assist in determining if support or an IEP would be helpful to your child's educational program. Your child's school personnel or special education team will determine if they can support the needs identified in the evaluation. However, you will be a better advocate with specific evidence in hand.
- Achievement Testing fees are NOT LIKELY to be covered when billed to insurance by a Speech Language Pathologist, Dyslexia Therapist or a Clinical Educator. (We are able to take medical flex spending program debit cards.) Fee covers cost of having the standardized evaluation tools, the hourly rate of the administrator, and the physical protocols which are copyrighted and cannot be photocopied. The evaluation cost includes a full written report, produced following the evaluation for your records. The evaluation cost also covers a follow up conference (phone or in person with the Speech Language Pathologist). These fees are much lower than typical evaluation fees a local, independent psychologist would charge for an Independent Educational or Psychological Evaluation, which typically exceeds $500-$1,200. We do not include an Intellectual Assessment (IQ), which only a licensed Psychologist can offer. We do not assess or make medical diagnoses such as ADHD, or Autism. Our goal is to identify areas of academic strength and weakness of the student, and specific learning disabilities such as Dyslexia or Dyscalculia.